We meet at 7:30 pm on 1st and 3rd Friday nights at:
1111 Harvard Ave
(in the Seattle First Baptist Church)
Click here for Directions, Parking and Public Transportation Information (pdf).
The Bet Alef Shabbat experience is special because it is a…
- Practice for any seeker wanting deeper connection to Universal Spirit
- Regular oasis from our over- busy, over-stimulated, clock-driven lives
- Time to slow down, rest, reflect, re-connect to and remember the oneness that we are
- Bridge to carry our mind, body & spirit from the work-week into the fullness of Shabbat
- Laboratory to learn more about and experience the mystical Jewish path
At a Bet Alef Friday night Shabbat Service, we…
Light the candles as an invitation to ignite the Light within each individual
- Use the traditional liturgy as a foundation to explore the spiritual journey
- Chant, meditate and sing to unlock the deeply personal meaning of the prayers and allow them to resonate more fully through our Being
- Explore the weekly Torah portion using a Kabbalistic interpretation
- Allow music to take us deeper and joyfully re-energize us
- Draw strength, hope, and humor from others in our community
All in all, a joyous process that enables us to become more present to our lives and families and friends.
Socialize and connect at the Oneg after Shabbat services.
Saturday Morning Torah Service
Join Rabbi Olivier and musician Chava Mirel for a joyous and moving Shabbat morning service. This service, still new to Bet Alef, features new songs and melodies and offers people the special honor and opportunity for an Aliyah – a calling up to the Torah. Help us fill the sanctuary with Shabbat energies!
Childcare available, $10 suggested donation per family.
Please stay for a potluck lunch after our service!
Check our calendar for dates and times.
Click for the Bet Alef Shabbat Worship Service Booklet that Rabbi Olivier compiled!
Experience meditation through Jewish Spirituality….