Bet Alef Meditative Synagogue is an independent, inclusive spiritual community of 101 households in Seattle, practicing an evolving Judaism as a path to awakening. We foster a Jewish spirituality for all ages that supports each individual, is realized in community and manifests itself in our world as peaceful acts of compassion and love.
As such, Bet Alef is dedicated to inspiring curiosity, motivating employees to take risks, encouraging compassion and kindness and valuing different perspectives and backgrounds. Our staff enjoy an environment that inspires creativity while being part of a collaborative community. We also like to have fun!
Bet Alef has ongoing childcare needs on 1st and 3rd Friday evenings, while families are attending Shabbat services. Additional work opportunities will also come up with special events and holidays throughout the year. Materials and support are provided.
Location: Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA
Part Time: $15 per hour based on experience
- Create a nurturing, non-competitive, and safe environment where children can explore and create with confidence.
- Interact with families and process childcare check-ins.
- Monitor timing of services and coordinate with families to escort children to and from childcare room.
- Support children’s creativity and curiosity through play and activities.
- Model behaviors that are expected from the children.
Qualifications and skills:
- Basic proficiency and experience with managing small groups of children
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent observation skills
- Able to manage independently and apply good judgement
- Able to interact well with families and community
- Highly reliable and trustworthy
- First aid and CPR certifications preferred
Scope of commitment:
- 1st and 3rd Friday evenings, 7:15 PM – 9:30 PM
- During High Holy Day events, including 9/16, 7:30-9:30 PM; and 9/30, 3:30-7:00 PM
- Other possible holiday events throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining their experience with children and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.