Bet Alef Meditative Synagogue is an independent, inclusive spiritual community of over 100 households in Seattle.
We are looking for a couple of teachers to help facilitate our 2019 High Holiday Children’s Program!
Location: Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA
Scope of commitment:
- Monday, Sept. 30th, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 9th, 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Additional evening childcare hours are possible on Sept. 29th and October 8th,
Compensation – $20-30 per hour based on experience
Scope of the work:
- Facilitate/lead activities, games, singing and storytelling related to the holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur for children ages K-5
- Support children on Yom Kippur in preparing a short 15-minute play based on the story of Jonah. This includes arts & crafts design of set pieces and costumes.
Qualifications and skills:
- Familiarity with High Holidays Jewish rituals and ritual objects.
- Strong Jewish education and demonstrated leadership in Jewish Camps or Jewish Youth Organizations.
- Degree in Jewish Education, Jewish Studies, or formal Teacher Certification a plus.
- Must be 16 or over.
- Capacity and genuine desire to engage in experiential activities and programs with children ages K-5.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
For more information about Bet Alef Meditative Synagogue please visit www.betalef.org. Bet Alef Meditative Synagogue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.